You've heard all the hype about the new movement that has Hollywood talking. You might have even heard about the recent research by Dr. OZ on the Oprah show explaining the benefits of a raw diet.
You might have heard about all the benefits that the raw food diet can provide you with such as nutrients, energy and stamina and how it can create and maintain excellent health.
You might have also heard that this way of eating and experiencing foods has helped thousands of people to gain more energy, clarity and vitality then they ever thought possible.
You'd love to try it but you just don't get it. You have no idea where to start. Does this mean just carrots and celery sticks? How can I enjoy eating raw foods if I don't even like eating them?
Well, first thing you need to have, is an open mind. If you really want to improve your level of health you need to take a look at your thoughts about these foods. Fruits and vegetables is where it's at. No matter which way you cut it, it comes down to getting enough fruits and vegetables through out the day to stay health.
There are so many reasons to incorporate raw foods into your diet from making you look healthier and younger to healing illnesses.
Here are some simple ways you can start incorporating raw foods everyday.
- Start by just having a simple salad on a regular daily basis. Make one meal a huge hearty salad with a variety of colors from the rainbow. Add leafy greens, like romaine, spinach, leafy green, mixed greens, kale, and endive. Add crunchy vegetables like red, green, yellow peppers, celery, and cucumber. You can also add raw nuts and seeds to add more crunch and change the texture. You can even add some fruits like strawberries and blueberries to sweeten it up. Lastly add a healthy tasty dressing and Viola a full meal.
- Try a fruit or green smoothie add some protein powder or hemp protein and flax oil to make it a complete meal for morning or afternoon. Or simple as a snack.
- Add at least one type of raw food at each meal.
- Try making freshly pressed fruit and vegetable juices. If you don't have a juicer visit a juice bar in your area.
- Experiment with different fruits and vegetables you've never tried before.
- Raw foods are becoming so mainstream you can purchase a raw cookbook almost anywhere. Buy one and commit to trying a new recipe once a week, one a month what works for you.
- Do some research and see if there is a raw food restaurant in your area. Make a point of going out and trying it. This will help you to see that you can turn almost anything into a delicious raw food dish.
- Have fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds as snack. Adding nuts and seeds can also help you feel more full and satisfied.
- Visit a health food store and see if you can find a raw energy bar such as Lara Bars or Smart Monkey Bars.
- Try out various raw super foods such as Goji Berries, Algae (Sprilina, Chlorella, E-3live) and Seaweed (Nori, Arame, Wakame, Kelp and Dulse).
Incorporating more raw foods into your lifestyle does not have to complicated. The more raw foods you add daily the better you will start to feel. The more you are committed to adding variation into your lifestyle the more you will see that raw foods can be delicious and fun.